Friday, September 27, 2013

Happy BIRTHday Olivia



"Take her home and hope she smiles"

That was the quote from the Neonatologist the day after our sweet Olivia was born.   Her diagnosis was intrauterine stroke with severe brain damage, cause undetermined.   This news on August 20, 2007 changed our life forever.

This is her journey, her adventure, that began 6 years ago.  I have learned a lot along the way.  I hope to share the ups and downs, the struggles and the accomplishments, the challenges and the surprises, in hopes that we might be able to help other families that struggle with hearing these same words.

Olivia is not just special, but amazing.  Her soul and spirit are like no one that I've ever met.  She is beautiful on the inside and out.   And I am blessed that I was chosen to be her mother, her provider, and her teacher through this adventure.


Did she smile?  YES!  And she hasn't stopped.



...our adventure continues

Olivia's mom

11 comments:

  1. Olivia is such a beautiful girl with a truly AMAZING smile!! She is a miracle❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Olivia has the brightest....most beautiful smile!! Jay and I are blessed to be part of her life!! Little miracle Baby O!! So proud of you for telling her story Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....and what a beautiful smile she has....looking forward to following your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful story...she's so lucky to have such a great family and friends❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful niece I have in Olivia! She smiles all the time which makes me smile. I have had the pleasure of helping take care of Olivia as not only her Aunt LaLa, but as her babysitter. The past six years have been a joy for me and we had lots of fun times together and look forward to all the fun we will have in the future. Aunt LaLa loves you, Olivia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very touching story, I wish you all the best in every endeavor! I hope you are given a lot of moments that will turn into treasured moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspirational story. I wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia has one of most beautiful smiles you will ever see!!! I have been blessed to see it often!! She melts my heart with that smile of hers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miracles come in sweet little human packages....andyou have oneterrific blessing in Olivia ! Blessings to you all !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good things happen to good people! Love this story! So glad you're sharing it!

    ReplyDelete